Moonee Valley Cricket Club: Coach applications
The progressive and forward-thinking Moonee Valley Cricket Club is seeking applications for the role of senior coach for Season 2020/21.
Moonee Valley in 2019/20 fielded 12 teams – seven men’s teams, and five junior teams and our First Eleven and Fifth Eleven won premierships.
Our First and Second Elevens compete in the Victorian Turf Cricket Association. Our Third and Fourth Elevens compete on turf in the Mercantile Cricket Association. We also have three hard wicket teams.
Our Club is based at Ormond Park, Pattison St, Moonee Ponds, with secondary facilities at Debney Park in Flemington.
We are prepared to consider either a playing or non-playing coach. The successful applicant should:
- Have played a high standard of cricket.
- Develop and implement pre-season training schedules.
- Have a proven ability to train, develop, inspire and lead a club and its players to success.
- Set and run drills and supervise training a minimum 2 nights per week.
- Work productively as part of the match committee on selection.
- Provide individual specialist coaching during training, particularly technique development to the younger senior players.
- Assist players at all levels with the development of individual skills.
- Help develop the leadership qualities of our senior list.
- Be able to assist junior coaches with practice plans.
- Ensure that players at all levels enjoy their cricket.
- Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Be prepared to embrace our club philosophy, particularly its emphasis on junior development.
Written applications stating experience and qualifications should be addressed to: the Secretary, Moonee Valley Cricket Club at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0411 705 381.
Applications close May 8.