Call for coach applications: Season 2018/19
Moonee Valley Cricket Club: Coach
The progressive and forward-thinking Moonee Valley Cricket Club is seeking applications for the role of senior coach for Season 2018/19.
Moonee Valley Cricket Club in 2017/18 fielded 11 teams – seven men’s teams, and four junior teams.
Our First and Second Elevens compete in the Victorian Turf Cricket Association. Our Third and Fourth Elevens compete on turf in the Mercantile Cricket Association. We also have three hard wicket teams.
Our Club is based at Ormond Park, Pattison St, Moonee Ponds, with secondary facilities at Debney Park in Flemington.
We are prepared to consider either a playing or non-playing coach. The successful applicant should:
- Have played a high standard of cricket.
- Have the ability to develop and implement pre-season training schedules.
- Have a proven ability to train, develop, inspire and lead a club and its players to success.
- Be able to set and run drills and supervise training a minimum 2 nights per week.
- Be able to provide individual specialist coaching during training, particularly technique development to the younger senior players.
- Assist players at all levels with the development of individual skills.
- Be able to help develop the leadership qualities of our senior list.
- Be able to assist junior coaches with practice plans.
- Ensure that players at all levels enjoy their cricket.
- Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Be prepared to embrace our club philosophy, particularly its emphasis on junior development.
Written applications stating experience and qualifications should be addressed to:
Charlie Walker, President Moonee Valley Cricket Club at firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 0411 705 381.
Applications close April 14.
Note: Our bylaws require the roles for coach and captains of each Eleven to be advertised each season. This advertisement ensures compliance with our bylaws.
Note: Our 2017/18 coach, Lou Raffaele, has advised he is seeking reappointment for 2018/19.
- October 2018 (6)
- September 2018 (4)
- August 2018 (6)
- July 2018 (7)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (4)
- April 2018 (11)
- March 2018 (21)
- February 2018 (17)
- January 2018 (22)
- December 2017 (23)
- November 2017 (13)
- October 2017 (13)
- September 2017 (12)
- August 2017 (3)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (18)
- April 2017 (8)
- March 2017 (16)